Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Echoes from Deep Within



As the end of the year approaches, some might expect me to write about my New Years resolutions—jettison some bad habits, adopt good ones, take that long-awaited trip to Rio or whatever. I might surprise you, but I never had any New Years resolutions because I don’t really believe in them! I always believed in decisions that are made spontaneously. All this may have been driven by my upbringing in hazardous surroundings and not knowing whether we would survive. But that is a subject for another day. Now, I prefer to reveal the things that I believe in.

I believe in serendipity. I have always kept my heart open and my mind ready to new events and new connections. My last year was full of great connections that I have unexpectedly made on social media. Some of these connections turned into great friendships and others did not last until the end of this year. No hard feelings, as lessons are always learned from every encounter we make.

I believe in hard work. And although I enjoy helping others to complete their works, I always count on myself to finish mine. I am a big dreamer, and like many, I dream of success. But I have been around long enough to know that dreams are achieved by sustained effort, not in the blink of an eye. So of course, I work hard to make those dreams come true.

I believe in positive energy, that we are all connected in this world and what goes around comes around—if you will forgive the cliché. I believe that when we smile a sparkle spreads from one heart to another in a long chain of love.

Love, yes, I believe in it. I believe in love and friendship. I have always been in love with someone or something. As a child I fell in love with music, dancing, painting and movies. Now blogging and social media have come to the fore. I believe in friendship and the need to reach out to people and touch them in an authentic way. And as long as my heart is beating, there will be no shortage of love to give.

I believe in communication and that the gifts and knowledge we have are there for us to share with others.

I believe in guardian angels and that in tough times we are never left alone.

I believe in myself. I came to this world for some good reasons and I am not leaving it without achieving some of them.

I believe in happy endings and new beginnings! Happy New Year!
“Hope
Smiles from the threshold of the year to come,
Whispering 'it will be happier'...” ― Alfred Tennyson

* I would like to thank my friend Richard Pennington for his most valuable comments!
* Corel Drawing by Hoda Maalouf 



No comments:

Post a Comment